A study conducted by the University of North Carolina found that mere indicators of increased security at a home or office, such as security cameras and video surveillance equipment, can deter burglars. Video surveillance enhances security systems in many ways, as they allow you to monitor multiple rooms in your home or office in real-time from anywhere. The technology of today can even allow you to view the live or recorded footage from your smart phone.
But, how can you choose the right camera system for optimal home or office security? Remember to follow these steps when selecting your system with your security professional.
- Evaluate your needs – First, home and business owners must think about what they will require from their security system and assess their needs. The most suitable security camera system will be dependent on many factors, including:
- The number of entry points
- The overall size of the property
- The value of assets
- The layout
- Consider the different types of security cameras – Security cameras come in many different sizes for many different purposes. Outdoor cameras come with coverings to protect them from outdoor conditions, while other cameras are strictly for indoor use. Other standard camera types include:
- Bullet – Well-hidden, small cameras that may be used both indoors and outdoors
- Dome – Ceiling cameras that are covered with a tinted glass dome
- Box – Large variable focal lensed camera for use indoor
- Pan-Tilt-Zoom – Remote-controlled camera that offers wide-angle views with panoramic capabilities
- Enhance your camera system with additional features – Do you need additional security camera features? Here are a few things to think about:
- High resolution – Higher resolution cameras provide the best image quality
- IP-based cameras – No video cables required with these cameras
- Remote access – Sync your security systems to your mobile device to control settings and view footage at any time
It is important that you and your security professionals choose the right security cameras for your unique needs. At A Total Solution, Inc., our team of experts will help you select the perfect system for your home or commercial building. Contact us today to find out more about security systems and our security monitoring services!