The hot summer weather tends to slow things down and makes people a bit lazier than they normally would be. Lackadaisical home security, like leaving windows and doors open, creates perfect opportunities for break-ins and intruders. In addition to having a home security system, homeowners must know how to have fun in the sun while still keeping their home and property protected.
Here are a few home security tips to keep in mind:
- No matter winter or summer, rain or shine, all doors should be kept locked to keep intruders out of your home. Even if you are simply soaking up the sun in your own backyard, it is important that your home is protected against any potential threats.
- You may not think to lock your inner garage door while mowing the lawn or trimming hedges, but you should think again. Thieves are much slyer and quicker than you can imagine, and just a small window of time could give them the opportunity to rob you. With your garage door open, this also presents all of your power tools and other valuables up for grabs.
- Windows may not be your preferred way to enter your home, but they are a favorite route for intruders, as they are typically ignored or unlocked. Remember to close and lock your windows after opening them to enjoy the night breeze. This small effort could save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Your deck or patio is a great space for firing up the grill, lounging on lawn furniture, and enjoying a cookout. It’s also prime real estate for thieves to steal from. Things like expensive grills attract thieves to your own back patio. Remember to either secure these items or put them in a secure area.
- Fences should have high-quality locks to give your home an extra layer of protection. These areas are the ideal place for motion sensor lights and security cameras to catch anyone trying to enter your property without permission.
In addition to remembering these important home security tips, it is also important that you have a home security system installed on your property. These systems could save you time, money, and heartache down the road. Enjoy your summer and remember to stay safe!
Contact the security experts at A Total Solution, Inc. today for a free home security system consultation today for a peace of mind for your home!