“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” is not the kind of mentality that you should have about your business’s security systems. Although your security system may seem like it is doing just fine, in reality your aging devices are exposing you to a greater risk of hacking, overall security shortfalls, and potential downtime when they eventually fail. Is your security worth turning a blind eye to potential threats?
Here are a few ways that an outdated security system could leave your business exposed to risks:
- Overall, there is a much higher chance for security risks. Most security companies release regular updates for their systems against new security vulnerabilities and to improve the overall performance of the system. Many times, these patches are automatically sent out to your system. If your security system and equipment is too old, they may not be able to receive these patches or support said updates and will not be able to effectively protect your business from new threats.
- As your business has grown, your company’s needs have probably changed since the initial installation of your security system. This may mean that your alarm systems and video surveillance system setup are not optimized to meet the needs of your business at the present time.
- When a device or system is no longer used or on the market, hackers have a longer time to crack their code, leaving your data to susceptible to hacks.
- Your current outdated system is probably lacking the functionality of a modern security system. As technology is constantly improving and evolving, so are security systems. They now include many amazing features, such as remote control and access, access management, analytics, and automated alerts or schedules.
- Outdated and older systems have a much higher chance of malfunction than newer optimized systems. For example, old-fashioned digital video recorders, or DVRs, have been known to lock up and reboot, causing the system to stop recording and to have playback failure.
As a business owner, you must protect your company and your employees from potential threats. It’s time to invest in a new and updated security system. Contact security experts at A Total Solution, Inc. today to