Commercial fire alarms are obviously designed and installed to protect your employees and overall business from fires, but you cannot depend on them if they are not routinely tested and inspected. Regular/annual fire inspections are absolutely critical to the safety of your company.
The only way to ensure that your fire protection system is in proper working order is to have it tested by a licensed professional. Inspections and maintenance completed by these technicians can help not only ensure the safety of your employees, but will also save you money in the long-run. Emergency repairs and false alarms are costly occurrences that will put a big dent in your budget.
Here are the top five reasons that you MUST have routine fire inspections:
- It’s the LAW. – As a business or building owner, you must comply with the National Fire Alarm Code. Be sure to check with your local fire safety requirements and your insurance company’s requirements to determine what you legally need.
- Inspections save lives. – Your fire alarm system is not guaranteed to operate properly if you do not have it maintained. Inspection and testing are the only ways to find out if something isn’t working.
- You could save money. – Your property insurance company may offer you discounts if you provide them with proof of your fire inspections.
- Inspections can help prevent false alarms. – Regularly inspecting and testing your fire protection system will help to prevent nuisance false alarms. False alarms will do nothing but cost you time and money, and will also waste the time and resources of the Fire Department. You may also be presented with a hefty fine for numerous false alarms.
- They help lower legal costs. – Should your fire protection system stop working, you will be liable for enormous lawsuits because of employee or visitor injuries.
As a business or building owner, it is vital that you take every necessary and mandated precaution to save people’s lives. This means having routine fire inspections conducted by licensed professionals. At A Total Solution, Inc., we inspect and service 79% of all life safety systems on the market. Contact our knowledgeable staff today to schedule your fire inspections!